Can you control your server?

Welcome to AgarServ.com Forums Agar.io generic topics Can you control your server?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of G G 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of ObvNotAShark
    ObvNotAShark
    Participant

I’ve been visiting a lot of premium servers and for a long time I’ve been quite annoyed that most people, even those who use premium servers available to anyone visiting the home page, do NOT manage the CONSOLE SETTINGS.

Console settings are important but most people do not manage them, meaning any mistakes, e.g. making a server you don’t like, cannot be erased. Got unwanted teamers in your FFA or Experimental server? Can’t do anything about it. Got teamkillers in Experimental Team? Nothing you can do. Want to change some settings? NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

You may think that having console settings is abusive, and yes, in some ways owners can abuse their servers with the console, but they NEED to make sure the server is fun for EVERYONE. Instant merge servers are the worst when the owner can’t kill them or reset the server or something.

Another useful thing about console settings is that you can shutdown a server if you don’t want it anymore. I once forgot about Console Settings while experimenting with gamemodes so I had to wait 30 minutes for the server to finally shutdown.

I know that you don’t need a console password for what I’m about to mention, but I enjoy looking at the console to see how many players I have in my server. I like to interact with my players!

So basically, if you don’t add a console password to your server, especially if it is an instant merge server, then you are putting your server at risk of being ruined. Whether it ruins your experience or another player’s experience, please make sure you somewhat have full control of the server – just remember though – DON’T ABUSE IT, IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT YOU!

— Created by ObvNotAShark —
    — Created on May 19, 2016 —
    — Updated on May 19, 2016 —

Thank you for reading this! I hope you understand what I’m trying to tell you. It’s for your own good.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of ObvNotAShark ObvNotAShark. Reason: May 19, 2016: A few typing errors
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of ObvNotAShark ObvNotAShark. Reason: A FEW TYPING ERRORS! - May 19, 2016

Agree
    I Always Put a Console Pass

And I Think u Can Join.
    U ARe Lvl 89 And Im Lvl 50
    U Can Help Me TO Host On Agarserv

Profile photo of adinskate
    adinskate
    Participant

How do you make a console password plz tell me!

ObvNotAShark
    Participant

How to add Console Password:

Create Your agar.io Server –> Server options –> Console password: yes

I might add this to the main post, but for now the info’s here

NOTE – I assume that most people don’t add Server options because they are directly above the ‘Credits needed’ without a line to separate it. On my first few servers I made that mistake, it’s understandable. Hope this post helped if you didn’t know!

— Created on May 20, 2016 —
    — Updated on May 20, 2016 —

Profile photo of -BANANA-
    -BANANA-
    Participant

how do we check our console password?

ObvNotAShark
    Participant

How to check Console Password:

1. Create your server
    2. Click ‘Home’ or ‘click here to view your server’
    3. Copy the code in the ‘Kill PW’

The code in the ‘Kill PW’ is your Console Password!
    If you want to reset your server, just add ‘Close’ on the end of your ‘Kill PW’!
    NOTE – YOU CANNOT SHUTDOWN YOUR SERVER UNLESS IT IS PREMIUM, SO BE AWARE THAT ANY UNWANTED SERVERS CANNOT BE REMOVED WITH CONSOLE PASSWORDS IF THEY ARE NOT PREMIUM! To make a premium server, you spend any amount of credits to create a server, from small amounts like 5 to large amounts like 100!

I hope this helped, if you have any more questions feel free to ask them.

— Created on May 20, 2016 —

ObvNotAShark
      Participant

UPDATE – I’m sorry, I made a mistake. Clicking ‘Home’ after creating your server will NOT show you your active server unless it is premium. Still however, you won’t find your ‘Kill PW’ there. If you accidentally clicked ‘Home’ and not ‘click here to view your server’ then just click ‘Create Your agar.io Server’ and it will come up with the same prompt.

Sorry!

Profile photo of G
    G
    Participant

Control? Not really. Where’s the mass, gamemode, config control?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.