Agar.io – Mass Display Fixed!

Welcome to AgarServ.com Forums Agar.io generic topics Agar.io – Mass Display Fixed!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of G G 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of G
    G
    Participant

Agar.io has a problem with mass display: after 34 mass, your mass starts to go up in 2s. After about 70 mass, it starts to go up in 3s. Finally, at 22500 mass, you can only tell apart 30s of mass. Another problem, only noticeable on private servers, is that the game crashes after reaching 10736762 mass. So I decided to fix the problem in an Agаr.IО clone. There are 2 screenshots. The first one shows a mass of “35”, which is impossible without the fix, because the mass goes up to 34->36. In the second one, it shows a mass of 518553473, which is more than 10736762(A zoom patch was also used here to see the entire cell).

Profile photo of G
    G
    Participant
    Profile photo of G
    G
    Participant

The older version had problems with displaying mass above 2147483647. This one can!

Profile photo of G
    G
    Participant

What’s better than being able to play with giant cells? Yes, that’s right, being able to play it without lag! Now if you need to split into 16 when you’re many trillions of mass, you can do that while retaining a good framerate! Additionally, the font was changed to be like the one after 5 May update (giant outlines)

Profile photo of G
    G
    Participant

“In Giant Cell Land, we count mass in Es!”
                          - Yellow Unnamed Cell

I kept multiplying my mass by 10. This is the last screenshot I took before the client went nuts. Unless we switch to Float64(which will expand the already big packets and eat all bandwidth away) I think our “mass adventure” ends here.
    Download link for the latest version(if there are no bugs there, otherwise there will be more versions): http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/vmyx1fDv/file.html
    Meanwhile, I will develop private servers for Diep.io and Agario: Hungry Games. Both are not going to be compatible with their vanilla clients, because I develop both of them using Cigar’s source code. Obviously rewriting Diep.io from Agar.io’s source code is going to be hard. Hungry Games is easier but still hard because it requires the master server to handle donuts donations, coins, diamonds and boosters which is damn hard if you don’t know what you’re doing.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of G G.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of G G.
    Profile photo of G
    G
    Participant

I have proven myself wrong! Masses up to this are possible with a custom datatype that’s still 32-bit! I call it “unsigned float” because it uses the sign bit as exponent bit.

I’m not surprised that I’m the only one in this thread, this project is more for fun than for useful.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of G G.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.