Addition: Server "Soft Reset"

Welcome to AgarServ.com Forums AgarServ Features Addition: Server "Soft Reset"

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ciao121 Ciao121 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Ethobling
    Ethobling
    Participant

My suggestion is that a way to reset everyone’s mass on a server back to 20-50 and ALL SPAWNER CELLS ARE REVERTED TO 200 MASS should be implemented. This makes it to where if a server admin wants to get rid of that pesky 1 million mass spawner cell, he/she can.

This reset would not reset the counting of the number of people that visted this server, but instead would simply make it fun again so it doesn’t become an almost empty server.

There have been multiple times where this would have helped me as a premium server creator. For instance, yesterday I created a tube map server for 180 minutes with a lot of customization (almost 200 credits worth). One idiot decided to make a massive spawner cell that blocked people from getting to the other side of the map AND prevented any more mass spawning (since it was all under the spawner cell).

Another way you could approach this would be to simply have a command that would erase all mass on the server and allow it to start replenishing (much like when you go over an area and take all the mass there). This would at least make it so the spawner cell could spawn in the mass and eventually decrease in size.

Tl;dr: Make a command stop spawner-trolling and over-influential teams.

Profile photo of Ciao121
    Ciao121
    Keymaster

Soft reset is really a good idea! But unfortunately ther is not, until now, this option. The only way to reset a server is to kill it and start a new one. This is because I’m using this solution for 24/7 testing servers. And this is not the best solution because almost everyone should reload the page (and probably many players will just change server).

Also erasing all mass is not implemented right now. But maybe there is a way to implement it… I’ll look into it today!

Thanks for your suggestion.

Profile photo of Ciao121
    Ciao121
    Keymaster

I think I have found a solution: a command that delete and recreates all spawner cell. I’ll trying to implement this today.

Profile photo of Ethobling
    Ethobling
    Participant

Thank you! The only reason I disagree with the “delete the server and start a new one” is that if you spend 200 or so creds making the perfect game and someone screws it up, you basically just wasted those creds 😛

But again, ty for looking into this matter! 😀

Profile photo of Ciao121
    Ciao121
    Keymaster

Yes, my “kill the server and start a new one” was only to say that a soft reset is not possible with the actual server version. It was not a solution 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.